Sunday, August 10, 2014

Project Runway Season 13 EP: 2 Recap | August 6th 2014


So in the 2nd episode of Project Runway the designers had to use movie props to create one-of-a-kind looks. Fabric is hard enough to work with let alone straws and letters. I give it to the designers for their creativity but some nailed it for me and others, well not so much. As per usual there may be spoilers so be cautious if you haven't watched and also click on the picture to see more pictures of the garment.Lastly, these aren't all the looks so visit the site to see more!



I loved this look by Sean. I don't think he was in my beginning favorites, which you can see if you click here! I knew my favorites were gonna change they always do. He didn't actually win the challenge because it was a group challenge, but how gorg does this dress look? If straws were acceptable to wear daily this would be on me in a flash.


Another one of my favorites was Samantha. I don't remember what the top was made out of but the bottom is made of film strips. Again, I would totally wear this, no shame here. Honestly I would have never thought of curling the strips on the skirt. That idea was genius and adds so much volume. Love, love, love! 




This is the winning look for this challenge made by Amanda. Her team won and then she was the individual winner. I really don't know how I feel about this look. It's obviously not as realistic as the other two, but as far as being different and unconventional she nailed it. I think I have to give this more thought. I do know I wouldn't wear this out though, that's for sure.


This is the losing design by Carrie. In her defense all the garments on this team looked like this and she only went home because Sandhya had immunity. Sandhya is still my favorite and I am a baby bit glad she didn't go home, but this whole teams look underwhelmed me.I think they were going for Old Hollywood but it just wasn't happening. I will say this is by far NOT the worst I have seen on the show. Would I wear this out or put someone else in it....probably not.

What was your favorite garment on this episode? Who is your favorite designer so far?

XOXO
SIMPLY WORN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...