Thursday, August 21, 2014

Project Runway Season 13 EP: 4 Recap | August 21st 2014

On last weeks episode of Project Runway the designers had to create a look from old, dusty men's suits. The suits were so ugly I don't think I would wish my worst enemy to wear them. Sandyha had the pleasure of handing out suits to everyone and gave herself one of the ugliest ones, I knew I liked her! Below are my favorites and not so favorites of this challenge, don't scroll if you don't want ALL the deets, and remember to go check out the website if you want to see all the looks! Also side note, Bethany Mota was a guest judge, I was honestly a baby bit excited!


This look is a power-suit gone right. How fabulous would you look and feel to strut into the office in this. Pretty darn good probably. The cutouts, pleating, subtle shoulder pads, it all is "you made that work" moment for me. Kini hasn't really been on my radar but he might just be the one to watch out for.


We can all agree (I think...) that Sandhya's designs are head tilters. They are sometimes or most of the time hard to figure out or grasp, but they make you take a second look. I don't know what goes on in her head, but whatever it is I want it. 



This look sadly reminds me of a superwoman costume. I don't know if it's the capeish back, the brown details, or the v shaped design on the front. This look by Hernan didn't do it for me at all. He tried to blame it on Sandhya but I believe he could have come up with something fabulous and he fell short, so he was sent home. Simple as that.



I have no idea where Mitchell was going with this. It borderline looks like she is wearing an umbrella. I can't get on board with this look, and I don't even know where you would even wear this to. The club on a rainy night maybe?

Amanda's look was the winning look, but I felt indifferent about it. It looked nice, not my favorite, not my least favorite. I really wasn't feeling the fringe though, no bueno.  

XOXO
SIMPLY WORN


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...