Friday, October 17, 2014

Lets Talk Passion | October 17th 2014

One of my favorite classes this semester is an elective called Finding Your Voice. I like this class so much that I wish it wasn't just one semester. Also it doesn't hurt when you have a really good professor. In class last week we were talking about passion and if we should follow it, if you can have more than one, and why people think our generation shouldn't. 

"Never underestimate the power of passion" #quotes #inspiration

How do you even know what your passion is? I think a good way to identify something your passionate about is noticing the feeling of joy and jubilation when you do something. When someone can talk about the same thing all the time with continuous excitement that is a sign to me that that might be something they are passionate about. It is important to know that you don't only have to have one passion. You can be passionate about a lot of things. For me personally I am passionate about fashion. As I get older I have realized that I am also passionate about food. I love trying new foods and making them and eating in general! Although I am going to school for fashion that doesn't mean I have to give up all things food either. 

We watched a Ted talk (which you can watch here) and one of the most important things that stood out to me was that your passion doesn't have to be your job. There is always this emphasis on if your job isn't what you love then it will be horrible. This is exactly what I thought. While it would be great if everyone could do things they love as a job, they don't have to give up their passion just because it's not there 9-5. 
Have you found your passion yet? If not it's okay! I didn't realize I wanted to go to school for fashion till my senior year of high school when I had to choose and fast. I don't know what I want to do in it or what I will do when I graduate but I do know I love it.


Many think the younger generation is to focused on passion. To that I say what's so bad about wanting to do something you love and that makes you happy? Isn't that what we live for?

What are you passionate about?

XOXO
SimplyWorn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...