Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine's Day Treats!

I think many people's favorite thing about Valentine's Day is the treats! Not only are all the treat ideas endless, but they look amazing and probably taste great! We have a bake sale at my church coming up and it seemed like the best time to put my skills to work. Maybe you can get some ideas of what to bake and spread the love!


PINK LEMONADE CUPCAKES

So first I made these pink lemonade cupcakes, and I got the mix from Walmart. I am not joking when I say these are yummy and smell delightful!
Ingredients:
1. I just followed the directions on the box to make these
BUT you will need:
1. Liners
2.Silicone heart mold (Walmart)
3. Frosting
4. Mixer
5.Treat bags (Dollar Tree)
6. Sprinkles












I just used a mini spoon to place the batter in these and they come out like so below, but you just have to peel off the top and there will be a heart shape on the bottom.


 To frost them I just used store bought frosting, cut a tiny hole in a sandwich bag, and squirted it through the hole. If your not a pro it can get a bit messy. I think it turned out pretty good though. 
FYI: 
Using the bag idea uses a lot of frosting because a lot of it gets stuck to the bag, so if  you need leftover frosting I wouldn't recommend this, unless your a pro, then you go girl!






Dark Chocolate Cookie-Dough Cookie Cupcakes

Again for these I used the box instructions and all the same ingredient as the pink lemonade cupcakes EXCEPT for adding:
1.Cookie dough cookies
2. Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting (I am not sure how it's made my mother made it, but store bought works just as well, I just ran out of frosting)



I just placed these at the bottom of the liner, then added batter, as seen below.


I didn't add any to the hearts because I didn't have enough.








CHOCOLATE COVERED MARSHMALLOWS & PRETZELS

These are super easy to do and pretty inexpensive!
Ingredients:
1.Pretzels
2.Marshmallows
3.Chocolate Pelts to melt
4.Sprinkles
5. Treat bags
6. Parchment paper


All you need to do is melt the chocolate, dip your pretzels and marshmallows in the chocolate, while it's still hot, then sprinkle them with sprinkles. After you have finished that just place them in the freezer for about 10 minutes.


Now it's your turn to whip up some treats in the kitchen!
XOXO
SimplyWorn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...